Friday 26 September 2014

5 Product Face - Work Edition

I really like sleep. It's one of my favourite things in the world. Unfortunately having to work tends to get in the way of my relationship with sleep (the full being a grown up thing causes so much hassle). Lately, without even realising it, I've whittled down my basic makeup routine for work to 5 products helping me get those extra 5 minutes in bed. Although I still work in fashion and beauty, working for an online company means that I no longer have to show up to work with a full face of makeup (which my skin is definitely thankful for) so I tend to keep everything natural.



1. Bobbi Brown Tinted Moisturiser - perfect for throwing on with fingers to even out skin tone. Although it has a light coverage the staying power is decent.
2. Bobbi Brown Pot Rouge in Pale Pink -  as an oily skinned gal, I find that cream blush lasts a lot longer on my skin than powder, so for work I tend to opt for Bobbi Brown Pot Rouge. This pink colour gives a subtle flush to the cheeks and is perfect for every day wear. I pop a little on the apple then blend using a Real Techniques Stippling Brush. This can also be used on the lips as a stain although I tend to just use a tinted lip balm.
3. Benefit Gimme Brow - I'm still on the hunt for that perfect brown pencil but in the meantime, Benefit Gimme Brown is great for giving my brows a bit of colour and some added definition.
4. Mac Eyeshadow in Patina - I blend this into my crease with a Mac 217. Although it's subtle I feel adding a bit of eyeshadow just makes me look a bit more put together (and hopefully gives the impression that I have spent more than 3 minutes doing my makeup).
5. Lancome Hypnose Mascara - lengthens and defines without looking too overdone (although it layers really well and can definitely keep up with the best "big lash" mascaras).

What's your makeup routine like for work?

2 comments :

  1. Mine is similar! Eyeshadow pencil, brows, mascara and concealer is usually the routine! I really like the sleek eyebrow pencil so you should give that a try :) x

    Jasmin Charlotte | Palette Giveaway

    ReplyDelete