Wednesday 28 May 2014

Back to Clarins

When I was first getting into premium skin care, Clarins was always my go-to brand. My entire routine was from Clarins. Since then, I’ve branched out and to be honest, over the last couple of years I’ve bought very little from the brand. A few weeks ago, Debenhams were offering 10% off for their Mega Week sale and as I had had my eye on a few things, I thought that I would treat myself.  


clarins gift




I had been looking into a more hydrating cleanser for mornings and I had heard great things about The Extra Comfort Anti-Pollution Cleansing Cream. It claims to be a purifying, yet hydrating cleanser with Shea, mango and Moringa. Morgina is supposed to be great for detoxifying the skin and protecting from the effects of pollution. I’ve recently started a job in the centre of Glasgow, so me, this was definitely a selling point. I’ve currently got an almighty break out, so I’m avoiding switching cleansers until it calms down so I’ll have to report back once I’ve actually given it a proper whirl.

clarions Extra Comfort Anti-Pollution Cleansing Cream

I’ve had a few samples of Lotus Face Treatment Oil, so I really don’t know why it’s taken me as long to actually buy the full sized product. I love face oils, but I find that sometimes they can a bit heavy for my combination skin. This oil purifies and balances with oily/combination skin in mind, yet it is still as hydrating as you would expect an oil to be. The oil is naturally astringent, so it helps with blemishes but it isn’t harsh on the skin. Generally, a well-balanced product. I’ve been using this as a treatment before moisturiser in the evening by pressing the oil into my skin, and also I’ve been mixing it with my moisturiser in the morning.

clarins Lotus Face Treatment Oil

Another product I’ve had a few samples of in the past is the Gentle Exfoliator Brightening Toner and another blogger favourite. I love liquid exfoliators, I use Pixi Glow Tonic daily and Alpha H Liquid Gold once a week, but I was looking for something in between. My skin has been looking a bit uneven and bumpy, so I thought a middle of the range acidic toner would be a good option to use in rotation with the Pixi Glow Tonic. For more info about this, Caroline Hirons is woman to see, she is the Skin Care God.

clarins Gentle Exfoliator Brightening Toner

As well as getting 10% off, Clarins were also on Gift with Purchase, so I picked up a mini Instant Eye Make Up Remover, a fab product which does exactly what it says on a tin. This used to always be my eye makeup remover of choice until I found cleansing oil. I also selected the Satin Smooth Body Lotion and the ExfoliatingBody Scrub for Smooth Skin.

clarins treats

What are your favourite Clarins products?


No comments :

Post a Comment