Sunday 4 January 2015

Empties #3


My wardrobe is in dire need of a clear out and the fact that I hoard empty products probably doesn't help matters. Over the last couple of months I seem to have ran out of a lot of my daily staples. Don't you hate when that happens? I've got some skincare, haircare and nail products that are all ready for the bin so here's another empties post!


Aesop Parsley Seed Masque
This fabulous cleansing mask is perfect for keeping oil in check and giving skin a quick boost. If my skin is behaving, I use this on a Sunday for a deep cleanse, if my skin isn't behaving I use a more hardcore cleansing mask on a Sunday (Origins Clear Improvements) then use this during the week as it's a bit more gentle on the skin. 
Repurchase? I already have

I'm probably on my 4th tub of this cleansing balm. I've never really been a fan of Clinique products - sometimes you just need scent - but I love this. My skin is pretty temperamental but I know that I use this as my main cleanser morning and night my skin will calm down pretty quickly. Despite it being a balm, it leaves my skin feeling clean and doesn't leave any residue. 
Repurchase?  I already have. I like to have a backup for my backup.

La Roche Posay Effaclar Duo
Anyone with oily/blemish prone skin needs this serum. It helps unblock pores, controls shine and helps reduce marks on the skin. I use this every morning before my moisturiser and it's a firm staple in my skincare routine.
Repurchase?  I already have

Another staple in my morning skincare routine, this moisturiser works really well in the winter when my skin does tend to get a little dehydrated but without making my skin oily. 
Repurchase? Yes

In the past I've had trouble with night cream. I've found that I do need something a little more hydrating but a lot of the products I've tried that are that bit more hydrating tend to break my skin out. This night cream is the perfect in-between and promises radiant looking skin. 
Repurchase? Yes 

I've had this treatment for a while now and I think my mum has used more of this than I have. It's considered an "intense conditioning treatment" and it is just that. I found that it left my hair feeling heavy and it I used it too far up my hair no amount of rinsing would stop my hair looking like a grease ball. My mum has blonde hair and she loved it, so it's probably one for those who use a lot of bleach and heat.
Repurchase? No 

I love anything that lets me have an extra 10 minutes in bed. I especially love these products when they don't aggravate the psoriasis on my scalp. So this is still a winner in my books. This is one of the first products I wrote about here and remains a firm favourite. 
Repurchase? I tend to stock up on this when Ecsentual have 1/3 off French Pharmacy 

L’Oreal Mythic Oil
I've finally finished an oil! This was great for when I was leaving my hair to air dry. I have the rich version which helped weigh my hair down (my hair is naturally a curly/frizzy riot - I do believe that is the term they use in the hair industry). I did find it to be a bit silicone heavy but for the price, I enjoyed using it. 
Repurchase? Once I've finished a few more oils, yes


I’ve spoken about my love for this here. I still use this on it's own and as a base coat and I don't see that changing any time soon.
Repurchase? Yes

China Glaze Orange Cuticle Oil
Super hydrating and smells amazing. 
Repurchase? Yes

No comments :

Post a Comment