Friday 27 June 2014

Barbie Pink nails - Essie’s Lovie Dovie

I picked up Essie’s Lovie Dovie on a bit of a whim - you know the feeling, you go into Boots, you see your favourite nail polish stand and you just have to get something. There’s no rhyme or reason to it, sometimes it just happens. I’m Nikki and I’m a nail polish addict. Lovie Dovie is however, unlike anything else in my collection. As much as I am a girly girl, I’m more about pale pastel pink or something a bit brighter (think Watermelon), but for some reason this colour just spoke to me - maybe the Woods comma Elle in me is coming out. Or I’m just getting into the Summer sprit.
ESSIE LOVIE DOVIE



This colour did go on a little streaky at first. It was 3 coats before I was happy with the overall colour which is something I’ve heard other people speaking about but since Essie changed to the larger brushes, it’s not something I had ever experienced before. I don’t think it will put me off wearing this colour in the future but if you’re in a rush to get ready or if you’re painting your nails before bed, drying time is sometimes something that needs to be considered. I’m not entirely sure Lovie Dovie will be my new go-to pink nail polish but I do like it for a little change.

What do you think of the colour? Are you a fan of Barbie pink?

8 comments :

  1. Ohh I don't often wear pink nail polishes but that on is gorgeous!
    Elesaurus

    ReplyDelete
  2. this colour is beautiful, don't think it would suit my olivey skin tone though :(!

    www.amygatenby.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. such a cute shade!

    from helen at thelovecatsinc.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow this is such a gorgeous shade, definitely perfect for the summer :)

    Charlee | CharmedCharlee xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. The color is beautiful! It's a shame it needed three coats before it looked good. I hate having to do three coats and I always feel like the layer of nail polish will be too thick then :)
    Tanja Mortensen

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a gorgeous pink, I find that pink goes with everything and almost every occasion, a very versatile colour for the nails.
    xoMadiha

    ReplyDelete