Tuesday 24 June 2014

Kiehl’s Summer Shopping Event (28th and 29th of June)

On the 27th and 28th of June (this Friday and Saturday) Kiehl’s will be offering 20% off when you buy 2 or more products in store or online with SUMMERSHOPPING. This offer is available in all Kiehl’s boutiques although I noticed that a couple of places in London have slightly different dates. I’ve never tried anything from Kiehl’s before so I’m looking forward to picking up a few things. I’ve put together a little selection of products I’ll be looking out for when I go in on Saturday.
Kiehl’s
The Midnight Recovery Complex and the Dark Spot Correcting Serum are at the top of my list. They were featured on my first Wish List post and I’m pretty interested to try them to see whether they’ll help even out my skin tone. 
Skin Rescuer - a daily moisturiser which promises to help dull looking skin and skin tone. I would need to feel the consistency of this moisturiser as my skin is pretty fussy and reactive but certainly from the description it sounds lovely and ticks all of the boxes for what I would be looking for in a new moisturiser. 
Ultra Light Daily Defence SPF 50 - an oil free facial SPF. SPF 50 is always welcome in my books, I have typical Scottish skin. 
Overnight Biological Peel - I love liquid exfoliators. This sounds quite similar to Alpha-H Liquid Gold in the sense that it’s used more as a treatment than a typical exfoliating toner. I have about a third of a bottle of Liquid Gold left but it certainly would be interesting to see whether this would be an alternative. 
Pineapple Papaya Facial Scrub - a gentle manual exfoliator with fruit enzymes. If my skin is feeling a bit rough and bumpy I find a manual exfoliator more effective than a liquid one. As this contains fruit enzymes too I wouldn’t image that this would be overly harsh on the skin as the fruit enzymes will help dissolve (I know, eww) dead skin too.
Rare Earth Pore Cleansing Masque - you can never have too many clarifying face masks! This mask contains Aloe Vera so it looks as though it would be a good option for those who are looking for a clarifying mask but have slightly sensitive or reactive skin.
Creme De Corps Soy Milk and Honey Whipped Body Butter - I’ve only had a play with this product in the shop but it feel beautiful. It’s a lovely rich texture and would be perfect for dryer skin. 
Deep Micro-Exfoliating Scalp Treatment - this promises to promote a healthy scalp as it loosens flakey build up and stimulates skin turnover on the surface of the scalp. I psoriasis on my scalp and have found that shampoos which mention exfoliating properties seem to help. I’ve never tried a scalp mask, so this could definitely be interesting. 

Have you tried any Kiehl’s products? Do you have any other recommendations? 



2 comments :

  1. 20% off Kielh's is pretty awesome! I quite like the Skin Rescuer, but I only use it as a night cream because it's a little oily for my combination skin. I really want to try the Dark Spot Correcting Serum too! :)

    Olivia xxx Beauty from the Fjord
    Ending this week: win £100+ worth of beauty products from Benefit, Essie, Bourjois etc.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's good to know! My skin is combination/oily too, so it's maybe not my best bet!

      x

      Delete