Friday 22 August 2014

Edinburgh this Weekend - Joel Dommett


Before I went on holiday, my friend and I went to The Southsider on West Richmond Street for dinner then to see Joel Dommett. The Southersider was distinctly average food wise - I made the mistake of ordering macaroni. Macaroni making is a skill in itself and very few places do it well.  It was a nice enough pub but I’m not very sure I’ll be back in a hurry.

After dinner were pushed along to the other side of West Richmond Street to the Counting Horse. I do literally mean pushed, Edinburgh was packed.  I’ve seen Joel before (I feel that makes us on a first name basis), and he was absolutely hilarious – we were given a taster of his nun chuck skills in Glasgow at the start of the year. Very impressive I might I add – it’s certainly a lost art. Joel’s Finding Emo set is hilarious. At times, I did feel a bit lost between his stories but the jokes were funny and the ending was fantastic. Heelys and a mesh top, that’s all I’m going to say. And his show is free. Yes I did say free. Definitely worth a watch if you’re in the Edinburgh area and free at 9pm. His show runs until the 24th of August.


No comments :

Post a Comment