Friday 18 July 2014

Beach Holiday Make Up Essentials - From Dippy Write

I’ve got a little guest blog series over on Dippy Writes, if you missed it over on Albertine’s blog here it is here - 

While Albertine is off having a great and hopefully relaxing time, I thought it’d be a great opportunity to have a look at some summer makeup essentials to suit all of your holiday destinations. I’m off to Portugal in August, so I thought I’d start off with a beach holiday.  

During the day I only wear a little bit of blush to give me a bit of colour, mascara and some lipbalm. And of course, a good SPF. I find cream blushers last a lot longer on the skin than powder, which is something worth considering especially if you’re going to be topping suncream up throughout the day. My favourite cream blush is Bobbi Brown Pot Rouge for Lips and Cheeks. These give a lovely amount of colour and the staying power is fab. The colour I have for this look is Cabo Coral, a gorgeous peachy coral - unfortunately this was a limited edition coral but Calypso Coral is very similar (I think I actually prefer Calypso Coral as it’s slightly pinker). You can pop a bit on your apples then blend with your fingers but I usually use the Real Techniques Stippling Brush to avoid putting too much on. The Pot Rouge also doubles up as a long wearing lip colour, so perfect for popping in your bag for top ups. And it means you can get away with bringing one less lipstick!


Even if you don’t go in the pool, a waterproof mascara is essential. A waterproof mascara is going to withstand sweat, humidity and whatever else is thrown your way while holding a decent curl. For daily wear, I like Mac Splashproof Lash. The brush separates while giving volume and length and it’s still intact after being thrown in the pool (I speak from personal experience…). 

If you read my blog, you’ll know how much I love Korres Lip Butters so it was an obvious choice for me when putting this look together. To keep with the coral theme, I picked up Mango, a vibrant coral colour. These lip butters contain shea butter and rice extract so not only do they give your lips a gorgeous light, glossy colour, but they also deeply hydrate so they’re great for day and night.

For evenings, I like to pop on a tinted moisturiser to give me a little bit of coverage. Bobbi Brown’s Tinted Moisturisers are perfect as they give a light coverage and some extra hydration. A bronzer is another beach holiday essential (especially if you don’t take much of a tan like me!), Laura Mercier Dune Bronzer  is a slightly cooler toned brown and perfect for us pale girls. To keep those brows in check, Benefit’s Gimme Brow gives a light tint and is perfect for keeping everything in place.

And finally, an eyeshadow palette which caters to all sorts of looks! Urban Decay’s Naked Palette is a firm favourite for bronzed goddesses, with the mixture of matte and shimmer brown and gold toned shadows. All you need is some fluffy brushes, a blending brush and an angled brush and you’re good to go! For a light, subtle look take Sin all over the lid and blend Half Baked in the crease and under your bottom lashes. If you like something a bit more smokey, Half Baked is gorge all over the lid with Smog blended in the outer third of the lid, then Hustle used as a liner along the lash line and underneath. 



Do you have any other Beach Holiday essentials?




7 comments :

  1. Lovely post, you have some amazing products! I really need to pick up the original Naked palette!
    xprincessjas | ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! With your colouring you'd look fab with the original Naked palette! x

      Delete
  2. Hello lovely, thank you for the sweet comment on my blog, I really appreciate it! :)

    Great post- thanks for sharing! Love the Naked palette, all time fav!

    I have a new post up, would love to know what you think:

    http://electricsunrise.blogspot.co.uk/

    xoxoxoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah the Naked palette. I have the Naked 2 and I love love love!

    The Velvet Black // UK Style, Beauty and Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. They're gorge! And they have such a great range of colours. x

    ReplyDelete