Sunday 6 July 2014

Escentual Lovin'

Escentual is definitely one of my favourite online retailers. Their French Pharmacy promotion is probably one of the reasons why. Escentual stock a great selection of Bioderma, La Rochey Posay, Avene, Caudalie etc and occasionally they offer up to a third off. While the promotion was on I thought I better stock up on a few essentials. 

ecsentual


The Klorane Mango Butter Conditioning Balm is my go-to conditioner at the moment. It’s rich enough that it helps hydrate my naturally dry, curly hair without weighing it down. It’s also amazing as a hair mask. Like the Ojon Rare Blend treatment, I like to pop it on while I’m in the bath so that the heat intensifies the treatment.

One of my first posts declared my love for Klorane Oatmilk Gentle Dry Shampoo and this love affair is still going strong. This dry shampoo is a firm staple in my hair routine, I use it almost every day. I’m just coming to the end of my current bottle so I thought I’d be better picking up 2 while they were offering such a good discount. I like to be prepared. 

The Nuxe Reve de Miel lip balm is a blogger classic and for a good reason. I was given this as a present at Christmas and I’ve never looked back. The smell is gorgeous and it leaves lips feeling so soft and hydrated. I mainly use this at night and I have the stick for every day wear.

Yes, I’m sorry, I’m continuing with the cliche. I only tried Bioderma Sensibio H2O a couple of months ago and I really wanted to not like it. But I can’t. It’s wonderful. I fully understand the hype. I only use this when I’m wearing a lot of eye makeup or if I’m being lazy (to take my makeup off before I properly cleanse instead of using an oil), but it removes makeup really effectively (even Double Wear and Benefit’s They’re Real Push Up Liner)

Klorane Peony Shampoo for Irritated Scalps was a last minute addition to my basket. As I’ve mentioned before, I have psoriasis on my scalp so I have to be conscious of shampoos as a lot of things can irritate my scalp. As this promised to have soothing and calming properties I thought this would be a possible alternative to my favourite shampoo, Philip Kingsly Flake Away. It didn’t aggravate my scalp but in all honesty it didn’t really wash my hair either - and I wouldn’t say I had particularly oily hair. I normally wash my hair every other day but I found myself having to wash my hair the following morning as my hair just didn’t feel clean. I’d image this would help calm everything down if I did try something that doesn’t really agree with my skin so I can’t see it going to waste but it certainly doesn’t make it to the shower shelf.

Did you get anything during the French Pharmacy promotion? 


4 comments :

  1. im a big lover of lip balms because I live in a really dry climate! I have never heard of this balm but I may have to try it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely! It's one of the best I've tried x

      Delete
  2. I'm a huge Klorane fan as well, it's one of my favorite hair care brands. I think use the dry shampoo almost every day!

    ReplyDelete