Thursday 24 July 2014

Bootea - My Experience

While I was writing my dissertation last year I used running as a way of unwinding and taking my mind off all things uni related. I’ve never been sporty and I’ve never particularly enjoyed exercise but I found that running fitted quite easily into my routine - to be honest, it was probably just another way of procrastinating. Food wise, I certainly didn’t cut anything out of my diet entirely (I’m sorry but if you’re writing a 15,000 dissertation chocolate is necessary), but I was more conscious of what I was eating. I managed to lose quite a bit of weight for graduating and I was feeling healthy. Since leaving uni and working full time, my weight has gradually crept back up and I’ve struggled to get back into a routine with running. Last month I joined a gym near my work which is a lot better as I don’t have the 45 minute train home to convince myself that I’m too tired or hungry to go back out to run. As I’m going on holiday in 5 weeks I thought I’d try something to give my weight loss mission a little boost, I’d heard a few people speaking about Bootea and after doing some searching online I’d found some people who’d seen great results with the tea helping to reduce bloating, water retention and giving their weight loss a kick start. I’m not a believer in fad diets, weight loss pills or anything like that - weight loss is about hard work, I know that - but I’m also aware of the amazing things green tea can do for your body and Bootea is essentially a super version of green tea. 

bootea


Bootea essentially cleanses your body. You drink the morning tea every morning and then the nighttime tea every second night. You drink this for either 14 days (£19.99) or 28 days (£34.99) depending on the plan you choose, I went for the 14 Day Teatox. The morning tea contains Chinese Oolong tea, Maté leaves, Ginger root, Fennel seeds, Lemongrass, Dandelion leaf, Ginseng root, Gotu Kola leaves and Nettle leaves. It works to give your metabolism a boost and help suppress your appetite so you’re less likely to snack throughout the day. It’s pleasant enough to drink, it tastes quite similar to normal green tea. The nighttime tea contains Senna leaves, Peppermint leaves, Fenugreek seeds, Liquorice root, Burdock root, Hawthorn leaves, Valerian root and Psyllium seeds. This basically gives your digestive system a cleanse (yes, that means what you think it means), which is meant to stop extra calories being stored as fat. This one isn’t so pleasant to drink. It’s drinkable, don’t get me wrong, but it’s not a taste I would choose. 

On Friday I finished my final tea and I can report that I seen absolutely no difference. After about the third day I felt as though I wasn’t as bloated but that was short lived. There is a suggested eating plan which I took suggestions from but I didn’t follow it religiously (I calmed down on the bread, pasta etc and upped my salad and veg intake like I did before). It says you should avoid alcohol, which I did. It says you should avoid red meat which isn’t an issue for me as I don’t eat red meat anyway. As well as not losing weight, I also found that I was getting a sore stomach for most of the day after the nighttime tea and in week 2 I ended up with a cold. Now, I’m obviously not saying that the tea gave me a cold, but at the start I was feeling fine and full of energy and I’ve finished feeling run down and a bit yucky. Whether or not this is just a coincidence, I’m not entirely sure. I can also say that when I ordered the tea I was given a 20% off code for family and friends which I sent to a few people at my work. Two of them ordered the 14 Day Teatox and started drinking the tea the same day as I did and at the end of their course, they’ve also not noticed a difference.

Moral of the story - if I want to lose weight, I hit the gym. 


Have you tried Bootea

No comments :

Post a Comment