Saturday 12 July 2014

The Oils

Oily skinned ladies, do not fear the oil! Yes, I know this is old news and I’m no doubt preaching to the converted but I thought that I’d give a little summary of the oils that have helped me go from grease face to… not to grease face. I still have pretty combination skin but it’s no where near as bad as it used to be and I think a lot of it has to do with not being afraid to use products which promise to hydrate and moisturise. 

face oil


Trilogy Rose Hip Oil was my first step into the world of oils and as I’m sure you’ll soon tell, I never looked back. I first picked up this oil because I was looking for something that would help reduce the scars left on my skin from previous blemishes, which it did to an extent, but I was more impressed with how soft and hydrated my skin felt the following morning. I wasn’t left congested and my skin didn’t look oilier than usual. After a breakout, I press a few drops of the oil on to my skin under my moisturiser. 

The Pai Rosehip Bioregenerate Oil is the best all rounder. This oil is slightly heavier than the Trilogy version but still doesn’t leave my skin congested, I’ve actually found it helps calm angry, under the skin blemishes down. The oil helps your skin repair itself and again, is great for scarring. Also, when my psoriasis is looking a bit out of hand, I rub this in at night and in the morning it’s a lot calmer and the flakes are gone. I find it’s a little bit too heavy for my skin for every day use in the summer but it’s lovely mixed in with my moisturiser. 

At the moment, the Clarins Lotus Face Treatment Oil is getting the most use. The naturally astringent properties mean this is perfect for when I have a few blemishes and although it is still hydrating, it feels light on my skin. In my last post I wrote about the products I love for when my skin starts breaking out, this is another great addition that helps calm everything down while still hydrating your face. It day say that this can be used alone, but even with slightly oily skin, I feel I still need a moisturiser on top. 

What are your favourite oils?



10 comments :

  1. Just started using The Clairns one and I'm in love with it already. I do want to try the pai one next though as I hear such good things about it. Xxx

    SJ
    http://sarahjanedale.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the Clarins one! I wish it hadn't taken me as long to buy the full size! x

      Delete
  2. I really want to try the Trilogy Rosehip oil, I've heard great things about it. I'm still working my way through a sample of the Clarins Lotus oil :).

    Sarah xo | PolkaDotLemon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The little samples last such a long time! x

      Delete
  3. great post ,really like it:)
    keep in touch xoxo
    Antonella

    ReplyDelete
  4. If I hadn't read the opening lines of your post, I would've scrolled right down. I have oily skin so I haven't really tried any oils and have seen so many post on them; It makes me want to try them out but I stopped myself. These oils seem pretty good. I've seen the Rosehip oil everywhere by different brands too I may try it too.
    xoMadiha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've found it balances everything out more than when I use products just for oily skin. It's definitely worth a try! x

      Delete
  5. I've never tried coconut oil! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've read a lot about Heal Gel, I really fancy trying it. x

    ReplyDelete